Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Memories

               This past week was homecoming week at the school I am doing my interning at. As I watched the students in their wacky twin outfits, I couldn't help but be taken down memory lane. It's hard to believe that six years ago that was my friends and I trying to dress the best for all of the different themed days. I remember the night before "school spirit day" we had a sleepover to work on making shirts and crowns for the following day's events. Spirit week was everything to us. 

             It's crazy how fast time has gone by and I wish I would have appreciated those days more. I remember my mom would always warn me not to be in such a rush to grow up. I never understood those wise words until I grew up. Then it was so simple; go to school, hangout with friends, and whatever else we wanted to do. My friends and I, we didn't know how lucky we were to be so young. 






         I had the best times of my life in high school, and I would not change those four years for anything. The special part about my school was that we all went to elementary school and middle school together. We witnessed one another's awkward stages, crazy moments, and just down right embarrassing moments. Although I have lost touch with some of my high school friends since graduation, I still remain close with others. 




Remember to enjoy the moment you are in. As Trace Atkins would say, "You're Gonna Miss This."







2 comments:

  1. Wow, your post totally made me think about how much fun I had in high school! I couldn't help but to think back the talent shows, prep rally's, homecoming, and of course prom!

    High school was definitely a great experience. I hope to have a positive impact on my students' high school experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you dress up? It was homecoming at our school and the teachers dress up as book fairies and super teachers...cape included! I think that life is more complicated as we grow up, but we can have fun at any age!

    ReplyDelete