Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Technology

After viewing the different site names on the slide, I am going to say that I am probably more of a visitor when it comes to technology. I use technology every day, but it is limited to social media sites, phone apps, e-mail, and You Tube.  
I was fascinated by all of the sites that were listed and I think it’s wonderful that there are endless possibilities when it comes to ways to incorporate technology into the classroom.
·         Skype- I could invite a famous author to do a video chat with my students. I have heard this suggestion many times from Dr. Kaplan, and I think it’s a brilliant idea.
·         Slideshare- This would be an easier way to allow students to share their presentations with each other.
·          Kahootit- I enjoyed using this in tonight’s class and I think it’s a great way to check for understanding and to build excitement amongst students. I would use this for test review.
When choosing technology for the classroom, it is vital that teachers choose relevant technology that aids in student learning. When picking what technological tool to use, the teacher needs to make sure that it fits in with the lesson’s objective.

        I will be using several technological tools in my classroom in order to better teach my students. With so many options out there, I can’t wait to start finding which ones work best in my classroom. 

4 comments:

  1. I loved your ideas for using Skype in the classroom. That sounds like a great way to get the students excited about writing and reading.

    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Kahoot, too! When I was in middle and high school, we played Jeopardy as test review. My teachers didn't even use a computer program for it, they would just write everything on the board and cover it. While it was fun for the students, it was probably a ton of work for the teachers! Kahoot is very similar, since it's fast-paced and competitive, but certainly much easier to use. I think students would enjoy it!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many authors that Skype for free with teachers. I am glad that you enjoyed Kahoot and it didn't turn out to be a fail with my first time! You do have to make sure that they technology is relevant first and foremost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using skype in the classroom seems awesome! That would definitely be engaging for the students. Slideshare and Kahoot are also great resources for the classroom that i plan on using in the future. I agree I was fascinated by all the different types of sites as well!

    ReplyDelete