Saturday, December 6, 2014

This semester I learned a lot about myself as a writer. I have figured out what styles work for me and which ones don’t. I have learned that I am much better at free writing than I am with assigned prompts or ones that have due dates. It is much easier for me to write when I am alone and have the sudden desire to. Although I did not keep up to date with the blog posts as much as I should have, I now see how it can help build a strong interactive community among students.

                When it comes to using blogging in the classroom, as long as the teacher states clear directions and rules at the beginning of the school year, blogging can be a positive experience for the whole class. The only challenge I could see is if all students have access to technology or not.  I learned a lot through this assignment, and I hope to use something similar to this in my future classroom. 

2 comments:

  1. This was a great post. I am also better at free writing than I am at writing assigned prompts. I also think that blogging could be effective in the classroom and might use it with my future students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the key with digital writing is for the teacher to know her students to help them navigate the obstacles--lack of tech access, lack of writing ideas...etc! Good work being tenacious and working through the process!

    ReplyDelete